The Yellow Ribbon Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows US institutions of higher learning to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the 退伍军人事务部(VA) to fund tuition expenses that exceed either the annual maximum cap for private institutions or the resident tuition and fees for a public institution. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and VA will match the same amount as the institution.
2020-2021学年, eligible students may receive up to $5000 in Yellow Ribbon, not to exceed cost of attendance when combined with other aid.
Yellow Ribbon Program Eligibility Requirements
Only veterans entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) or their designated transferees may receive this funding. Active duty service members and their spouses are not eligible for this program (child transferees of active duty service members may be eligible if the service member is qualified at the 100% rate). Therefore, you may be eligible if you meet the following requirements:
- Served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months
- Honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001
- Dependents eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® based on a veteran′s service under the eligibility criteria listed above
- Eligible students who have accepted admission (paid the deposit fee) or are already currently enrolled should notify the Office of Financial Aid of their eligibility and interest in participating.
- Eligible students should apply for benefits with the Department of Veterans Affairs under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
- 收到退伍军人管理局的接受通知后, the student should forward his or her Certificate of Eligibility to the Office of Financial Aid (see submission options below)
AWARD MATCHING & CONTINUED ELIGIBILITY
2020-2021学年, eligible students may receive up to $5000 in Yellow Ribbon. Rhodes contribution is considered match if the student has already been awarded institutional scholarships and/or grants of the same or greater amount. Yellow Ribbon benefits are capped at the Cost of Attendance minus VA Benefits minus any other aid received excluding Federal student loans.
Awards will continue as long as the student has remaining VA/Yellow Ribbon eligibility, 是全日制学生并且信誉良好吗, 并保持令人满意的学业进步. Participating students that withdraw from the College and are later readmitted will only be able to participate if space is available. Should a student lose his/her Yellow Ribbon Program eligibility and subsequently regain it, he/she must reapply for program participation.
To apply, students must submit their VA Certificate of Eligibility, which shows they are entitled to receive 100% of the benefits payable under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® 财政援助办公室的项目. Certificates of Eligibility may be faxed (901-843-3435), emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org)，或亲身寄交betvictor伟德速递. 也可邮寄至:
Attn: Financial Aid
2000 North Parkway
Memphis, TN 38112
Questions or concerns related to the College′s Yellow Ribbon Program policy and procedures should be emailed to email@example.com.
所有的财政援助表格都可以在 betvictor伟德快捷下载表格 webpage.
GI Bill® 是美国的注册商标.S. 退伍军人事务部(VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.